Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Fransisco, CA | Remote
Who are we?
We are a mission-driven, venture-backed, grant-awarded team of clinicians, scientists, engineers, and business leaders who focus on delivering higher quality surgical care. Using machine learning and data science, we predict complications so that surgeons can proactively intervene to mitigate these risks before and after surgery. We reduce complications, readmissions and ultimately, assist in bringing the patient safely through the surgical journey.
What will you do?
As a software engineer at kelaHealth, you will work on applications that will be embedded within electronic health record systems. The entire stack for front and backend development uses modern but proven frameworks that allow us to scale and support high volume data and functionality. We're looking for a software engineer who is passionate about working in a fast-paced startup environment and is motivated to address new challenges as they arise. You will lead the development of innovative cloud-based applications that run in a microservice architecture. You will be closely work with the data science and product teams to design and develop the full stack of KēlaHealth applications.
- Deploy applications into production and manage multiple projects
- Build highly dynamic and responsive user interface applications
- Build containerized applications using docker
- Design and develop REST APIs
- Integrate Rest API to the front-end application
- Be involved with the UI/UX design of the application
- 3+ years of experience building fast, reliable, web applications
- Excellent foundation in Software Engineering principles
- Experience with Python and PHP
- Proficiency with relational database systems (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with RESTful web service principles, design, implementation
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Experience in developing applications in Electronic Health Record systems
- Experience with cloud deployments (GCP, AWS), DevOps and web security
- Experience in modern framework such as Zend, django.
- Previous ownership or technical leadership on implementation of software components
- A good grasp on networking fundamentals
Our commitment to diversity is a commitment to our belief that diversity is part of the essential DNA from which our company is built. Our success is dependent on building a team that includes people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for and welcome a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically underrepresented groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com