Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA | Remote
Who are we?
We are a mission-driven, venture-backed, grant-awarded team of clinicians, scientists, engineers, and business leaders who focus on delivering higher quality surgical care. Using machine learning and data science, we predict complications so that surgeons can proactively intervene to mitigate these risks before and after surgery. We reduce complications, readmissions and ultimately, assist in bringing the patient safely through the surgical journey.
What will you do?
As a dedicated data scientist, you will work with large healthcare datasets involving complex data extracts, programming, and analytical modeling in support of KēlaHealth applications. You will design and execute experiments using machine learning methods and other statistical approaches to develop and refine algorithms that can be deployed in production. You will be leading the design, assessment and iteration cycles for data science to continuously improve performance and align with business goals. We are looking for a creative and open-minded person who thinks outside of the traditional 'boxes', but who can work with a team to translate these innovative ideas into real tactile products. You will be working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment where everyone pitches in to win.
Data Science Planning
- Partner with KēlaHealth leadership to identify strategic direction of product from a data science perspective
- Establish development timelines by prioritizing efforts, both internally and externally
- Work with product, operations, and sales teams to help refine use cases, and develop methodology and benchmarks to evaluate various different data science approaches for meeting requirements
- Work closely with subject matter experts to understand the surgical data science space
Data Science Execution
- Lead efforts in Data Science by building predictive models using machine learning, deep learning, NLP
- Build and scale a high standard of work in coding practices within model development
- Drive sustainable and meaningful outcomes with customers relevant to predictions
- Build a scientifically rigorous culture
- Masters Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics etc.) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Leveraged machine learning in production environments
- Experience in building deep learning models
- Strong understanding of Python programming language
- Facility with Linux environments
- Experience giving data presentations
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a drive for excellence
- Thrive in a multitasking and remote team-oriented environment
- PhD in Biostatistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science (Data Science, Machine Learning, AI), or Statistics
- Exposure to industry or academic research
- Python machine learning tooling, including TensorFlow
- Large data analysis and visualization experience
- Experience with cloud (GCP, AWS) technologies for storage, compute and ML
- Healthcare data experience (preferably in an EHR environment)
Our commitment to diversity is a commitment to our belief that diversity is part of the essential DNA from which our company is built. Our success is dependent on building a team that includes people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for and welcome a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically underrepresented groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org